"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Thursday, April 14, 2016

SWING INTO SPRING

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

The snow is gone, the sun is shining and the trees are starting to bud!!!  The Dueling Darlings are welcoming spring with this month's duel.  The theme for our April challenge is "Swing Into Spring."

Terry A. was the hostess for the Dazzlers and sent a bright and cheerful kit.

The kit included:
Images from a set called "Somebunny to Love"
Sentiment from SU! set called Easter Blossoms
DP from Echo Park - "Spring"
Prima Flowers
twine from Fawn Lawn
sequins from Jillibean Soup

I actually made two cards with the my kit.



An extra challenge was to post my favorite dessert at Easter or a springtime get together.  My favorite dessert would be...oh, which one?....probably my most favorite dessert at any holiday or any day of the year, raspberry pie!!!!! with some vanilla ice cream.  But then there are chocolate frosted brownies...with some vanilla ice cream. ;) 

Thanks for stopping by.  Please check out all the Darlings springtime creations. 

HAPPY SPRING!!!!

9 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! Two absolutely beautiful cards! And no snow either... life is good. ;) Well, it's good except for your favorite dessert, Deb. LOL! (As you know, I'm not a fan of pie).

Back to your cards... they are darling and dazzling, too! I especially love the little piece of DP on the side of the first card - such a creative idea! And the second one with all of those beautiful flowers.

Swinging into Spring, for sure!

MiamiKel said...

OH Deb, so glad you are enjoying some warmth and your snow is gone - I am still waiting for it to arrive at my house, just sayin' :)

Love your gorgeous cards, both are a delight! Such a warm burst of color and cuteness!

Happy Spring, my friend!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Both cards turned out great. I especially love the layout on the second card. What a great way to create without an image. Enjoy your spring weather!

Carol W said...

Wow Deb, two cards and both awesome. I love the way you colored your image on the first card and the layout is perfect for highlighting the image. On your second card I love how you used the flowers to be the highlight of the card. Great layout as well. I'm with you. I love raspberry (however not a fan of the seeds.) Great use of the kit!!!!

kadie said...

Two cards! Way-to-go! And BOTH ARE GOREGOUS! I'm totally envious of your mojo. Love all those little details, like the flutter trail on the butterfly! Happy Spring!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two beautiful cards- this kit was so fun- love the images and the colors and the flowers...all of it! I love both of your cards, love the idea to use the flowers with the hello. Wonderful!

Tracie said...

Love your cards. What a great way to use your flowers. Happy Spring!

Barb said...

Debbie-outstanding cards! I love both of them--the colors just rock! Great use of a fun kit!

Judy McMullen said...

WOW! Two adorable cards, Debbie! Those colors and papers just shout "SPRINGTIME!" The image on the first card is so cute and love all the flower on the second card!! Great job! Love that we share hosting duties on the DDDs! Oh, and I share your love of raspberry pie as you will know if you see my blog post! ;-)