"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Friday, June 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings - It's Gone to the Men!!!!

No...there really are no men in the Dueling Darlings...but we did receive kits to make masculine/Father's Day cards.  The Dazzler received a great kit from our hostess, April.  The kit included:

Designer paper: Krafty Dots by Recollection; Out of Print/Storyteller by Basic Grey;                          Go Fish/Mini Fish by Carolyn Holt Desgins
Burlap and Pearls By Recollections
Ribbon and Bakers Twine (from April's stash)
Clothespin from SU!
Stamps: Favorite Occasions by JustRite and Totally Tool set from SU!

The design of my card is a square Joy Fold.  I used Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke cardstock.  I added a small strip of Baja Breeze to accent the blue in the fish on the designer paper.  I also added the Artichoke button at the bottom to keep the smaller card closed.



Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to visiting all the Dueling Darlings blogs to see their great creations!  Have a wonderful weekend!






 

12 comments:

Melina said...

I love your fold! Great card dj!. The image is darling the way you colored it and layered it. :)

April said...

I love that you used the fish paper!! I didn't pull that off!

Great take on the kit and I need to revisit that foldM

Terry Ladwig said...

Very cool design! I love the square joy fold! Great card and great use of the kit!

I love it ☺

Judy McMullen said...

Fantastic card, Debbie! Love the fish paper and love the square joy fold!! Great take on the kit!!!

Carol W said...

Wow what a great card...love the joy fold and the little button holding the card closed...everything about this card is wonderful....great job my friend...

Darlene said...

Holy Cow, what a great card, Debbie!! What a terrific way to show off the great paper. I just love it! I could never have thought of this design, but maybe, just maybe, I will be able to copy it someday LOL. Verrrry cool card!

MiamiKel said...

Oh wow, what a pretty design! Love your paper choice, too ... So cool for the guys! Hope you have a blessed Fathers Day with your hubby ;)

~Paola~ said...

woww Debbie...this is such a cool card!Very creative and so detailed...Love the fact you included the fish d/p so well too...I especially love this fold...must try it sometime! *TFS* ♥

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

How did I miss this card in my blog rounds? I love the layout--and the layout is perfect for this image! Love the use of all of the papers!

Outstanding Card for you, Dazzler Girl!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Hi You!!!

A joy fold. Who knew?! Certainly, not me. It is so perfect. You did a great job using the fold and matching the card kit elements to it. Love it!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! I love the fold of your card! Absolutely gorgeous, every detail perfect!