"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Calendar Girl's April Challenge:

Our hostess this month, Terri, challenged us with the following:

What is a Barn Quilt? A barn quilt is an 8 foot by 8 foot replica of a quilt block made of plywood and hung on the side of old barns here in Wisconsin. There are hundreds throughout the state and I love seeing them up close and personal.

So our challenge was to use one of the quilt layouts Terri supplied to make a card.  I was a little worried at first, but found it to be easier than I thought and enjoyed making my card.  I will have to use this idea in the future with different color combinations, the possibilities are endless.  Here's my card:




Please be sure to check out all the Calendar Girl's creations.  Their blogs are listed in my sidebar.

Thanks and have a terrifice weekend.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute! I love the layout and color choices. Cute buttons!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great card Debbie! I love the colors you chose and that you used a layout no one else has so far!

Love the use of the buttons and all of the layers!

Great job! Hope you had fun with the challenge!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I feel so country and American looking at your card! Love that.

The colors are just perfect. And those little buttons add so much.

Great job on this challenge!!!

~Paola~ said...

holeee moleeee...what a striking
card in the American flag's colors.
LOve the pattern you chose Debbie...(ehehhe...wonder why!*wink*)This card turned out very 'crisp' looking and the adorable wee red buttons on each opposite corners gives it an added pizzazzzzzz...
Soooooooooooooo well done!!!♥

Barb said...

I too love the colors--my favorite color combo! I think the buttons are a perfect addition to this card--just love all of it!

Darlene said...

I just love the red, white & blue and star layout!! A perfectly patriotic card and very much like a quilt! Love the button accents in opposite corners, too. They compliment the card wonderfully!
Nicely done!

MiamiKel said...

Woah, this is a striking quilt color! I can actually remember seeing something like this color combo in my gmas quilt collection - you have really made this challenge shine with this beauty! Lovely! Blessings, friend! x0x0

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna what a card. I love, love, love the color combo and the pattern you chose...great use of the button accents in the corners...you nailed this challenge for sure. I am so blessed to have you as a friend...you are such an inspiration....Great Job!!!! ♥♥♥

Melina said...

very cute! I love your design :)

KER said...

love it!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful quilt card, Debbie! Love the red, white and blue theme!!