"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Monday, November 14, 2011

What Not to Wear Duel

Hello friends!

This month's Duel theme was..."WHAT NOT TO WEAR to this year's holiday party." 

Our hostess, Jeanette, sent us a kit that was "full of papers and embellishments that at first glance look atrocious."  The image had to include clothing in some way.  So we were to take the atrocious looking kit and make a card and we could alter the kit items to make them appear more compatible. 

There was so much in the kit I could have made four cards...but here are the two that I made.  I hope I met the challenge and made my cards "wearable."



The buttons, brads, designer paper and image are from the kit. I only used some of my own cardstock and colored with my copics.

Please check out the other Dueling Darlings "wearable" cards. See my sidebar for their blogs.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your cards turned out great! That image is so funny. The chocolate chips are perfect DP for the image. Super job!!!

April said...

Cute cards! I just adore the chocolate chip dp!! There certainly was a lot to chose from! You rocked this challenge!

Melina said...

very pretty! I love that you made 2 cards! :)

Barb said...

Debbie--what great cards--and they really do look like cards that we would create! The chocolate chip paper is perfect and I really like the image--makes me smile!

Thanks for sharing your cards! now, where is the picture of you?

Janet said...

Your cards are so pretty! And you got 2 of them made - WOW!!
I really like how you used the chocolate chip paper!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Two terrific cards, Debbie! Love how you used papers, layout and embellishments to showcase that too fun and cute image!! Great job with the kit!!!

Darlene said...

Debbie, not one, but TWO great cards! Way to go, girl! You do such a nice job coloring and with your layouts too. Much classier than what I ended up with this month! ha ha!
Great job!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb, your cards are gorgeous!!! Very fashionable, in fact. I don't know how you did it, because I saw the items you had to work with. LOL!

I love the fact that both cards are so different from the other. And both are fabulous. Wow! What a clever idea to use the floss in the handle of the cup brad. Love that! I also love the way you incorporated the papers. Awesome!!!

Thank you for participating in this month's fashionable duel!

Carol W said...

Love, love, love your cards...such a fun design and great use of your kit...Well done my friend..two great cards so totally different but both awesome...

Terry Ladwig said...

Your cards are great Debbie!They are both very cool ☺ Awesome take on the challenge and not trying to jam everything on one card!!

Where's your picture??? I was so looking forward to it!!!

Hugs to you ☺

~Paola~ said...

woott! Awesome designs on BOTH cards..wowwww....I am soo impressed! I must say I am partial to the d/p chocolate layout one the most...ehehe wonder why:o)
(and yes now I feel like munching on a piece of good chocolate...slurp!)
Love your coloring and the whole ensamble!:o)

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely wonderful! What a classic and elegant twist to your card - very nicely done, Deb!!