"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sisterhood September Challenge - Making the Grade


Our Sisterhood September challenge from Jeanette this month was to create a card using school supplies.  The card could also have a school theme although it didn't have too but the main challenge was to use school supplies to create the card. 

I used Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze and White cardstock.  My DP is from Cloud 9 Design.  My image of the little school girl is from SU's Greeting Card Kids.  My sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes and I used SU's new Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch.  I colored my image with my Copics.  For my school supplies...I used a brown lunch bag and embossed with my Cuttlebug Numbers embossing folder.  The flower is made using SU's Floral Fusion Sizzlits and cut out of paper from a Kindergarten writing tablet (remember the paper with the wide blue lines and the dotted line through the middle?) and glued together with a glue stick.  How's that for some school supplies?  LOL!! 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

6 comments:

April said...

What a fabby card! That immie is adorable and I love the school supplies you used to put it all together!

Nice job, my friend!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great card. The colors and how you treated the items make them look perfect with the image. Super job!!!

Barb said...

Very Cute Card Debbie!

Love the colors and the image is so darn cute.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Debbie, this card is soooooooo cute! Ingenius idea to emboss the lunch sack! I would have never thought to do that. And I love that writing table flower! So pretty!

I can't wait to pet these cards when they get to my house!

Thank you for meeting my challenge and creating such beautiful cards!

Melina said...

very cute! love cherry cobbler :)

Lorie said...

I love that stamp set! I have it, and I'm getting it out today to make something. Love the little witch with pumpkin in the set, too! Your card is wonderful, DJ, I'm glad I read that you used the punch, because I was trying to decide whether you used the punch or the actual ribbon!! Love your card and the flower made from the tablet! Very creative and oh so cute!