"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Perfect Christmas Gift


Here is a card I made for a Christmas swap I am in. I used the sets The Gift of Love (retired) and Christ is Born, both from SU! I really liked both of these sets but had difficulty trying to use them on their own. I finally decided I wanted the words "Christ is Born" to be the focal point of my card as I do believe that is the true meaning of Christmas...God loving us so much and sending his son, his perfect gift to us.

I finally decided to use just the city part of the stamp from the The Gift of Love set and embossed that in white just like my sentiment. I used Close to Cocoa, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock, along with some retired DP from SU.

It is a very clean and simple card...but I wanted to get across a very simple, yet very special meaning of Christmas.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

April said...

Stunning card, lildj~
I have looked at those stamps, and love them, but couldn't figure out a way to use them to their potential....You did so beautifully!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I just love your card! The colors are perfect - just different enough. Your layout is great. I like the sentiment font as well.

Terry Ladwig said...

I really like that color combo! Good job :-)

Amy said...

Very pretty!

Melina said...

very pretty! love the colors you used :)

Kelli Hull said...

I LOVE This card and you totally captured the Reason for the Season!!!!